[Okular-devel] Calligra-based generators for ODT/OTT and ODP/OTP, priorities?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sun Jun 15 15:58:13 UTC 2014

Am Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2014, 10:29:17 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> Hi,
>
> both a head-up, but also a question:
>
> I am currently pushing another Okular generator plugin to Calligra mainline,
> for ODT/OTT (you might know that there is already one generator plugin in
> Calligra for ODP).
>
> Reason for me pushing that one is that I am not too happy with the "native"
> plugin for ODT, which these days I tend to use more often (e.g. when looking
> at ODT files directly in KDevelop, which triggers the Okular KPart, due to
> Calligra parts no longer being KPart-based).
>
> My question is:
> what do you recommend to do to give the Calligra-based generator a
> preference over the Okular "ooo"? I guess "X-KDE-Priority" in the desktop
> files are the way to go, at least with application and KPart, or is there
> any other Okular- specific system for the okular/generator services?
> And if "X-KDE-Priority", what value would you suggest from your experience
> to not overrule e.g. editor executables (AOO/LO/Calligra), for...
> ... the Okular Application desktop file
> ... the Okular KPart desktop file
> ... the okular/generator desktop file
> ?

No recommendations how to control priorities?

BTW, the generator for ODT (also DOC + DOCX + possibly more) has meanwhile
entered Calligra's master branch and will be released with upcoming version
2.9 :)

See also http://frinring.wordpress.com/2014/06/05/calligra-powered-okular-plugin-for-odt-doc-docx/

Cheers
Friedrich