[Okular-devel] New view actions in Okular

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jul 20 20:44:35 UTC 2014

El Divendres, 18 de juliol de 2014, a les 16:15:20, Siddhartha va escriure:
> Sorry for replying this late. A new job and a different city :)
>
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 4:45 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > I'm not sure they are that useful, do you change those modes so often?
>
> I frequently switch between the two actions.
>
> * Fit Page Discontinuous use cases: Presentations in pdf format, quickly
> browsing through a pdf/ebook, go up or down a few pages, etc can easily be
> done in this mode by just scrolling with the mouse, which basically flies
> through the pages for an overview or until I reach the desired page.
>
> * Fit Width Continuous: This is when I want to read the pdf/ebook.
>
> I will be surprised if no one else uses this workflow. Is there a faster
> way of navigating through the pages (not typing in page number of course) ?

I will be surprised if there is no zillions of people with different
workflows, we can't add buttons in the toolbar to make them all happy, would
mean ending up with 100 buttons there, and then everyone would be unhappy.

Sincerely unless backed up with more data (that at the moment we don't have a
way to get) I don't see us changing the UI in this direction.