[Okular-devel] New view actions in Okular

Siddhartha sh.siddhartha at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 10:45:20 UTC 2014

Sorry for replying this late. A new job and a different city :)

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 4:45 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure they are that useful, do you change those modes so often?

I frequently switch between the two actions.

* Fit Page Discontinuous use cases: Presentations in pdf format, quickly
browsing through a pdf/ebook, go up or down a few pages, etc can easily be
done in this mode by just scrolling with the mouse, which basically flies
through the pages for an overview or until I reach the desired page.

* Fit Width Continuous: This is when I want to read the pdf/ebook.

I will be surprised if no one else uses this workflow. Is there a faster
way of navigating through the pages (not typing in page number of course) ?

> How is the rest of the UI affected?

I am not sure if I understood your question. Earlier what I used to have
the three buttons on the toolbar: Fit Page, Fit Width and Continuous.
Switching to any of the above mode required clicking for eg Fit Page and
Continuous. Now, I have two buttons and need to click only one button.

Regards,
Siddhartha