[Okular-devel] Pages in Okular

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Jan 30 21:16:48 UTC 2014

El Dijous, 30 de gener de 2014, a les 08:21:15, Walter LUC va escriure:
> Hi guys !

Hi

> I am a great user of pdf converters through Windows or Open Suse 13.1 to get
> archives for myself or to update my websites.
>
> But the truth is that a lot of websites don't care about the result the
> visitor has when he converts their pages : form is lot or you have all the
> advertisements condensed at the beginning or the end making pages and pages
> of nothing interesting.
>
> I would highly appreciate to have the option to delete sheets I don't need
> through the thumbnails option for example : you select with CTRL all the
> pieces of the thumbnails you don't want and you delete them.

We get some of these requests sometimes, but our main answer is that Okular is
a program to view files, not to edit them. Sure you can add annotations and
fill forms, but that's just "basic viewing".

It is not in our plan to add this kind of advanced editing features.

> It would be great and allows me not to have to switch between windows tools
> and Open Suse to get the right result.

I know now GUI application to do that, but you can always use pdfseparate +
pdfunite to delete some pages of a pdf file in the command line.