[Okular-devel] Undo for forms

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri May 17 18:56:25 UTC 2013

El Divendres, 17 de maig de 2013, a les 11:46:26, Jon Mease va escriure:
> Greetings,

Hi

>      Wanted to let you all know that I'm working on adding undo support to
> form editing actions in Okular.  I already have undo support added for
> TextAreaEdit and FormLineEdit and I believe I'm close to having ListEdit
> working as well.

Awesome!

> I ran into an issue with CheckBoxEdit and RadioButtonEdit.  There seems to
> be handling in the code for exclusive groups of check boxes or radio
> buttons (Where only one in the group may be checked at a time).  However,
> I've been unable to find a PDF in which this exclusive group behavior
> actually works in Okular.  See, for example, the radio buttons in the PDF
> at
> http://kb.nitropdf.com/attachments/GroupingRadioButtons-GUIDd4da0dd6fe1942b1
> a7f1f775f1b7852b.pdf. The top set of radio buttons act exclusively in Google
> Chrome and Acrobat but not in Okular.  Is this because Okular doesn't
> support javascript yet? Or do we expect this situation to be handled by
> Okular's button grouping logic?  Are there any other PDFs where this
> exclusive behavior works in Okular that I could use for undo testing?  Or
> is this grouping an old broken feature that should be removed?

In some files it may be javascript, in some others may actually be that our
logic for grouping radioboxes together may be buggy. Anyway what feature do
you want to remove? Radio buttons? Why would you do that?

> I'm hoping to get a patch up onto the review board this weekend including
> undo for all of the other form types. If I can manage this might there be
> time to try to get it in for 4.11?

If you add the feature in the feature plan[1] we have 2 weeks, hopefully that
should be enough.