[Okular-devel] Undo for forms

Jon Mease jon.mease at gmail.com
Fri May 17 15:46:26 UTC 2013

Greetings,
     Wanted to let you all know that I'm working on adding undo support to
form editing actions in Okular.  I already have undo support added for
TextAreaEdit and FormLineEdit and I believe I'm close to having ListEdit
working as well.

I ran into an issue with CheckBoxEdit and RadioButtonEdit.  There seems to
be handling in the code for exclusive groups of check boxes or radio
buttons (Where only one in the group may be checked at a time).  However,
I've been unable to find a PDF in which this exclusive group behavior
actually works in Okular.  See, for example, the radio buttons in the PDF
at
http://kb.nitropdf.com/attachments/GroupingRadioButtons-GUIDd4da0dd6fe1942b1a7f1f775f1b7852b.pdf.
The top set of radio buttons act exclusively in Google Chrome and Acrobat
but not in Okular.  Is this because Okular doesn't support javascript yet?
Or do we expect this situation to be handled by Okular's button grouping
logic?  Are there any other PDFs where this exclusive behavior works in
Okular that I could use for undo testing?  Or is this grouping an old
broken feature that should be removed?

I'm hoping to get a patch up onto the review board this weekend including
undo for all of the other form types. If I can manage this might there be
time to try to get it in for 4.11?

Thanks!
-Jon

.