[Okular-devel] Dt. 28th July - status

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jul 28 22:12:02 UTC 2013

El Diumenge, 28 de juliol de 2013, a les 23:11:38, Jaydeep Solanki va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> All the bugs reported on bugs.kde.org related to epub backend, have been
> fixed (except 1 that says elements with visibility:none also show up in
> epubs, the reason for it is quite obvious, QTextdocument doesn't support
> visibility), so today I thought to give other bugs a shot.

Qt is an open source project so fixing QTextDocument to support visibility is
possible. How hard do you think that it would be adding that to QTextDocument?

> Since long I wanted to have an indication in the toc showing under which
> topic are we currently viewing, the document.
>
> More explanation:
> Suppose in the toc, introduction is on page 5, first chapter is on page 7
> and I'm on page 6, then Okular doesn't show any indication regarding where
> am I currently.
> However, it shows a little triangle next to the label, if I'm exactly on
> page 5 (i.e. introduction) or page 7 (i.e. 1st chapter).
>
> For what I want is it to show I'm still in the introduction section,
> although I'm on page 6.
> (indication refers to kind of a selection or something)

There is an open bug in bugzilla about this, look for it. I'm not against you
implementing this if the implementation is correct, but you are deviating a
bit from the "epub improvements", i'd very much prefer you had a look at the
MathML document I sent you than to this.

> And regarding the images not loading issue, I'll give it another chance,
> tomorrow.

This is very important, don't just "give it another chance", do it!