[Okular-devel] Fwd: GSoC Proposal Draft

Jaydeep Solanki jaydp17 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 12:37:20 UTC 2013

I would go for webkit, because as HTML develops webkit developers will
improve it where as in QTextDocument case it's not sure that it will come
up with the latest standards. Or if we try to improve it and maintain it,
the maintenance load will increase.
Also I looked at other ePub viewers such as calibre and it too uses webkit.

I did some tests and webkit seems to be working out of the box.

BTW, I had a doubt, as currently every generator gives a QTextDocument, do
we have to change all of the generators to make it work with webkit, or
just the specific ePub one ?

Cheers,
Jaydeep