[Okular-devel] Patch to support high precision Wacom input for creating annotations

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Oct 12 12:07:15 UTC 2012

El Dijous, 11 d'octubre de 2012, a les 22:15:32, Jon Mease va escriure:
> Hello All,

Hi

>      I am interested in investing some time towards the goal of
> enhancing Okular's support for annotations.  My personal "itch", so to
> speak, is that I want to be able to use Okular for filling out forms
> and annotating scientific papers with a wacom style graphics tablet.

Great!

> currently accomplish these tasks using Xournal's PDF annotation
> features.  However Xournal doesn't have any of Okular's great features
> for navigating and searching through documents.  Plus, Xournal is not
> a KDE app :-)
>
> As a first step, I've implemented (and attached) a patch that adds
> processing of QTabletEvents to the PageView class. Basically a tablet
> will behave exactly like a mouse except while creating an annotation.
> When creating an annotation, the higher precision position of the
> QTabletEvent is used and this results in smoother free-hand
> annotations (See the attached image for a before and after
> comparison).  With this patch in place it's possible to create a nice
> looking signature in an Okular document using a graphics tablet.

Could you please add this code to https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/ ?

It helps a lot with the reviewing and with keeping track of what is left to
review, etc.

Welcome to the Okular development community! (we hang out in the #okular IRC
channel in the freenode network if you are IRC oriented)