[Okular-devel] Re: Using okular 0.11 with KDE 4.3.4

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Jan 1 20:13:36 CET 2011

A Dissabte, 1 de gener de 2011, kap4lin va escriure:
> Hi,

Hi

> (Please include me in CC)
>
> I would like to use the inverse/forward search between Okular and Kile
> (2.1beta4). My box is RHEL 6.0 which has KDE 4.3.4 (and okular 0.9.5).
> So, my question is it possible to compile a recent version of okular
> (0.11.x) against the existing KDE 4.3.4? (I do not even want to
> attempt to compile the entire kdegraphics and what not.)

Not sure if it should work, but you can try it, it should not take much time.
If you get any error you can mail us or maybe even better join the #okular IRC
channel in the freenode.net network and we'll try to help if we have time. On
the other hand you can bug your distribution to not provide so old KDE
packages or switch to a distribution with newer packages.