[Okular-devel] Printing 2 pages on one page

Karl Sinn news at budostore.de
Mon Jun 21 02:02:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Yes, you are partially wrong here, as the name of the list includes, this
>  is the Okular development list, we do not do user support because we do
>  not have time for that, there are some user mailing lists like
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde and
> asking.

I posted here because there is no okular-user list :-)
If you have no user list, how do you get wishes/ideas of the users?

> If you think this is a bug, the place to reports bugs is
>  bugs.kde.org

I don't think that it's a bug, the one who programmed it, did it like this for
a reason. A reason that I don't understand, and doesn't make sense IMHO. So
maybe my feedback can make him change his mind (or gives some other
inspiration) for one of the next Okular versions.

If not... what can I say...

> *But* if you report this bug against bugs.kde.org you should take into
>  account that almost none (me certainly not, don't even have a printer) of
>  the very few Okular developers are interested in fixing printing related
>  bugs due to bashing coming from users in the past.
>
> So unfortunately the answer is, yes, it might be a bug, but unless you can
>  fix it yourself by providing a patch or find someone interested in fixing
>  it, it is quite probable it won't get fixed anytime soon.

I'm quite aware of this situation, it's quite true for the whole kde 4.*
system.

Thanks
Karl