[Okular-devel] Printing 2 pages on one page

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jun 20 23:34:00 CEST 2010

A Diumenge, 20 de juny de 2010, Karl Sinn va escriure:
> Am Montag, 14. Juni 2010 10:59:47 schrieb Karl Sinn:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm very often printing pdf documents doublesided, two pages on one side
> > of the sheet. I realize that I always get extremely big borders with
> > okular. The pages in the document have a border already, and then okular
> > adds additional borders and prints the pages extremely small.
> >
> > How can I tell Okular to not add additional spaces, and use the printing
> >
> >  area as much as possible?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Karl
>
> If I'm wrong here, can somebody please redirect me to where I should ask
> the question?

Yes, you are partially wrong here, as the name of the list includes, this is
the Okular development list, we do not do user support because we do not have
time for that, there are some user mailing lists like
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde and
asking. If you think this is a bug, the place to reports bugs is bugs.kde.org

*But* if you report this bug against bugs.kde.org you should take into account
that almost none (me certainly not, don't even have a printer) of the very few
Okular developers are interested in fixing printing related bugs due to
bashing coming from users in the past.

So unfortunately the answer is, yes, it might be a bug, but unless you can fix
it yourself by providing a patch or find someone interested in fixing it, it
is quite probable it won't get fixed anytime soon.

Albert