[Okular-devel] Background in okular "shell" app

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Sun Jan 31 01:24:40 CET 2010

Hi,

Alle domenica 31 gennaio 2010, Hugo Pereira Da Costa ha scritto:
> On 01/30/2010 05:02 PM, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > Alle venerdì 29 gennaio 2010, Hugo Pereira Da Costa ha scritto:
> >> Working on oxygen-style, though, I find it too bad its "main widget" has
> >> a plain solid background color that therefore doesn't match with the
> >> rest of the application. I understand, by discussing on IRC#oxygen that
> >> it is for okular to properly work in embedded mode (right ?)
> >
> > Wasn't that a Qt bug, which just draws a solid background with no way of
> > being done otherwise? If so, I'd expect the workaround to be in the
> > style, not in every application (Okular included) which make use of that
> > property ("autoFillBackground").
>
> Hi Pino,
> well the thing is that, by default, autofillbackground is set to false,
> meaning: the background for widgets is copied from the mainWidow
> background.
>
> if you set it to true, well it means you do want to use a solid color
> for your background, and the style should not (and will not) override
> that with its own fancy stuff. Correct ?

Not really: it means that Qt should fill the background using the palette, in
particular from the Window role; IMHO the bug is Qt forcing a plain background
even if you have a brush as Window role set to something different than a
plain color (ie a gradient or a texture).

Also, there's another bug, which is in Oxygen: as you shown, there is a
different color between the toolbars and the rest of the application; let's
say that some other application does something similar, or activate the
autoFillBackground on just a part of the window, does it mean you get a
different "color block"? I don't think you can expect all the applications to
exactly do what the Oxygen style (nor any other style, FWIW) wants.

--
Pino Toscano