[Okular-devel] Background in okular "shell" app

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo at oxygen-icons.org
Sun Jan 31 01:10:04 CET 2010

On 01/30/2010 05:02 PM, Pino Toscano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alle venerdì 29 gennaio 2010, Hugo Pereira Da Costa ha scritto:
>
>> Working on oxygen-style, though, I find it too bad its "main widget" has
>> a plain solid background color that therefore doesn't match with the
>> rest of the application. I understand, by discussing on IRC#oxygen that
>> it is for okular to properly work in embedded mode (right ?)
>>
> Wasn't that a Qt bug, which just draws a solid background with no way of being
> done otherwise? If so, I'd expect the workaround to be in the style, not in
> every application (Okular included) which make use of that property
> ("autoFillBackground").

Hi Pino,
well the thing is that, by default, autofillbackground is set to false,
meaning: the background for widgets is copied from the mainWidow
background.

if you set it to true, well it means you do want to use a solid color
for your background, and the style should not (and will not) override
that with its own fancy stuff. Correct ?
Now the question is: does okular really wants "autofillbackground" set
to true in all cases ?
If it wants, then I will not try to go around it in the style, cause
this is a valid (and supported) choice of the app.
If it does not, then, set it to false, and you get the nice oxygen
background, as expected.

So that all in all, I don't think my patch is a workaround to hide a Qt
(or style) bug.
Does the above make sense ?

Now, for the complete story: in QAbstractScrollArea, autofillbackground
is set to true by default (on the viewport widget), and hard/impossible
to set to false. This I fixed in oxygen style a couple of days ago (to
address a visual bug in plasma "mouse actions" dialog). But the okular
case is a different issue (where autofillbackground is set to false
_manually_, and IMO should not, in some cases).

Hugo