[Okular-devel] Nepomuk MetaData in Okular

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Oct 29 20:24:48 CET 2009

A Dijous, 29 d'octubre de 2009, Dr. Oliver Heidbüchel va escriure:
> Hi!

Hi

> Dolphin contains an information panel which shows meta data and provides
>  tagging, commenting and rating. Peter Penz (dolphin maintainer) has
>  changed and improved the code. Now there is a class kmetadatawidget, which
>  can bei used in other programs, too. I have integrated the widget in
>  okular. You can find a screenshot attached. One is able to configure which
>  metadata is shown (Peters kmetadataconfigurationdialog) by right clicking
>  on the panel. There are some rezising problems in kmetadatawidget which
>  have to be solved. Peter is working on this.
>
> Peter wants to move both classes to kdelibs/kfile for KDE 4.5. Until then
>  the classes could be copied to the okular source.
> A KMetaDatWidget is part of dolphin and will become part of mailody and
>  gwenview soon.
>
> I hope you like my patch. If you are interested, please write me.

I'm not sure we really want this, i don't see any benefit over the File-
>Properties content (or that could not be added there)

> This is me first contribution to KDE.

Cool, welcome to the amazing world of KDE :-)

> What is the normal way to get a patch into the next KDE release?

Well, at least you have to post the patch here, and then you have to convince
us we can't live without it ;-)

Albert