[Okular-devel] Nepomuk MetaData in Okular

Dr. Oliver Heidbüchel post at oliver-heidbuechel.de
Thu Oct 29 13:15:20 CET 2009

Hi!

Dolphin contains an information panel which shows meta data and provides tagging,
commenting and rating. Peter Penz (dolphin maintainer) has changed and improved the code.
Now there is a class kmetadatawidget, which can bei used in other programs, too.
I have integrated the widget in okular. You can find a screenshot attached. One is able to
configure which metadata is shown (Peters kmetadataconfigurationdialog) by right clicking on
the panel. There are some rezising problems in kmetadatawidget which have to be solved.
Peter is working on this.

Peter wants to move both classes to kdelibs/kfile for KDE 4.5. Until then the classes could
be copied to the okular source.
A KMetaDatWidget is part of dolphin and will become part of mailody and gwenview soon.

I hope you like my patch. If you are interested, please write me. This is me first
contribution to KDE. What is the normal way to get a patch into the next KDE release?

Best regards,
	Oliver.