[Okular-devel] Okular annotations and Nepomuk

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat May 23 12:22:04 CEST 2009

A Dimecres, 20 de maig de 2009, Sebastian Trüg va escriure:
> Hello everybody,

Hi

> *first off: please CC me as I am not subscribed to the list*
>
> I recently discovered that Okular can create annotations which are then
> stored in an XML file. I immediately thought: "Why not store them in
> Nepomuk?".
>
> So here is the question: what are your thoughts on this? IMHO Nepomuk is
> perfect since it is intended for annotations and it would allow you to even
> link pdfs (and the like) to other documents and persons and so on.
>
> I could see Okular storing the annotations both in Nepomuk and the XML file
> for now so we can test it a bit.
>
> What do you think?

It's not a good idea because people want to share annotations, on PDF in the
long run will be saving them inside the PDF and for file types that don't have
this feature there exists the .okular file format you can use to send to other
people.

Albert