[Okular-devel] Kile and Okular with ForwardDVI

Thomas Braun thomas.braun at virtuell-zuhause.de
Wed Jun 10 22:33:43 CEST 2009

On Mittwoch 10 Juni 2009, Pino Toscano wrote:

Hi,

> > > Theorically should not be a big deal at this point -- do you have a
> > > sample showing it?
> >
> > Yes, attached is a tex file and the pdf. The source references have been
> > created with the pdfsync package.
>
> pdfsync looks working here, I was able to shift+click in the text of the
> pages to jump to their definition in the .tex.
> For the opposite, ehm... call me dumb, but I did not find how to run a
> ForwardDVI using PDF files...

Okay, I must submit that I have tried it not inside kile but from the command
line. At the moment ForwardDVI expects a DVI file and not a PDF file.
I have tried:
 okular --unique 'file:/tmp/pdfsync.pdf#src:21 ./pdfsync.tex'
which did not work.

> > A version with synctex will follow later. Or is this not different from
> > pdfsync?

I already sent it see my last email.

> Sadly it is much different (IIRC pdfsync is deprecated in favour of
> synctex, or so I was told), and I did not have a chance to have a
> Texlive2008 working installation to try and play with it. There is code
> around to handle that, but without a real chance to test it, it is almost
> impossible for me to try to integrate it.

I have the same problem here with no TL 2008. Are you also on ubuntu/debian?
If I can help you with the synctex stuff from the latex point of view. I'm
glad to help.
Btw thanks for the kile fixes.

bye,
thomas