[Okular-devel] PATCH: Allow displaying the file name as a window title

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Wed Nov 12 21:54:55 CET 2008

Hi.

Unfortunately, many files I load in Okular have meaningless document titles or
titles with too many useless or repeated text in the beginning. Since the
document title is the text used as window title, the task bar entries become
very useless (especially when the text is trimmed to only the first
characters).

The attached patch I'm sending allows the user to ignore the document title if
desired (by changing a checkbox in the settings), recovering the "old" KPDF
behaviour of displaying always the file name as window title (not only when
is empty).

The patch is fairly trivial, and I think is totally safe, but adds a new
string (because of the text of the checkbox). I haven't changed anything in
setupPrint() because I'm not sure when the document title is used in printing
(never noticed the title), so I'm happy with the current status, but I can
change it to use the file name too if you want.

It's OK to commit? (I've a SVN account) Do you want me to change something?
Anything else that I should know?

Besides that, another small comment:

I've tried to add "whatsthis", "label" and "tooltip" elements to the kcfg file
(as stated in the KConfig XT tutorial), but I haven't noticed any change in
the dialog, with or without these elements. Then I checked that adding this
properties in designer does the trick, but I was unsure about what to do.

I think that some options in the configuration dialog are not that self
explanatory, and that a tooltip would be very very useful to new users. I
have some free time this weekend, and I was thinking in adding these tooltips
before the string freeze on Monday. What do you think? I could send the
patches for review before committing of course.

Thanks a lot in advance.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2