[Okular-devel] forcing straight lines to be horizontal or vertical

roberto franceschini franceschini.roberto at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 13:29:29 CET 2008

My point was slightly different. I was not telling about the angle between a
line and the next on the polygon, but I meant to force the slope of the
straight line tool.

If you just want to underline a text the only feature needed is to force a
line to be horizontal, that's it. Another use-case is when you want to
single out a paragraph and you mean to do this with a straight vertical
line  beside the paragraph. In this case  again  one only needs to  draw an
exactly vertical line.

In summary the modifier  should be able to force the drawn line end-points
to have either same X coordinate or either Y coordinate.

However, what you describe seems beautiful as well. I think this could be
very useful to build better-looking polygons with the polygon tool.
My mind about how to make polygon drawing better is that "Configure" should
be the keyword. I mean that  the Inkscape solution is the best, although I
understand that building a flexible interface is harder. Otherwise if you
need a fixed angle I think 90° is the best (at least one can build
good-looking square and rectangular shapes).

Ciao
Roberto