[Okular-devel] forcing straight lines to be horizontal or vertical

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Sat Jan 12 00:19:32 CET 2008

Hi,

> It would be nice if the "straight line" tool could be forced to produce
> vertical or horizontal lines. following many CAD  and vector drawing
> software this could be switched on by the  user pushing some modificator
> like maiusc of ctrl or whatever the author like more.

The idea is really nice, thanks for reporting the wish (so we won't forget!).

What leave me in doubt is the choice of the snapping angles, and the modifier
used. Some graphics applications I just opened:

- kolourpaint: 45° with Shift, 30° with Ctrl
- krita: 90° with Shift
- inkscape: default 15° [configurable to 1, 2, 3, 6, 7.5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60,
90] with Ctrl
- scribus: 15° with Ctrl

almost all seem to use Ctrl as modifier, but they have different ranges for
the snapped angles.
Any ideas about this?

--
Pino Toscano