[Okular-devel] reverse search

Jan Kaspar jan.kaspar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 11:40:15 CEST 2008

Hi Pino,

thanks for reply. Great that the inverse search is there! I tried it with
version 0.7 and in fact it is almost impossible to hit it. I've been
clicking like mad for couple of minutes and only twice I managed to get the
Kate opened. I guess this is the issue you mentioned in your reply. If I may
suggest, look at xdvi, there the reverse search works pretty well. It also
has a possibility to configure the editor/command to be used for reverse
search. They have a nice web page with settings for the most popular
editors:
http://xdvi.sourceforge.net/inverse-search.html

There is one more thing I'd like to ask for. The old kdvi was displaying the
current (under the mouse) source special in the status bar. I find this very
useful. In (La)TeX one gives symbolic names to equations, tables, etc. to
refer to them. And those symbolic names can be conveniently shown as source
specials and quickly looked up with the use of a DVI previewer. Do you think
that this could be implemented too?

Many thanks, Kašpi.

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Pino Toscano <pino at kde.org> wrote:

> Hello Jan,
>
> > is there a way to get reverse search in Okular for DVI files? Like it was
> > in KDvi...
>
> Yes, it is (almost) ready, at least from the "core" point of view.
> For more details, you can read a reply I gave a couple of months ago on the
> same topic: http://markmail.org/message/rui5dghmif6b7fmp
>
> If you have ideas of doubts, just ask!
>
> --
> Pino Toscano