[Okular-devel] Accessing the review tool (mode)

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Mon Jul 23 16:45:05 CEST 2007

Alle 11:58, lunedì 23 luglio 2007, Florian Graessle ha scritto:
> contemplating the toolbar again, I think there is still room for
> improvement - especially with regard to what tools we offer there and
> how we represent them. One of them is the review/annotation tool (mode?).
>
> [...]
> a) Another tool mode? or
> b) a review mechanism that can be activated independently and doesn't
> change which tool mode is currently selected?

The reason why currently it switches back to the normal mode is that the
interaction of the mouse buttons in modes != normal created some issues (like
no annotation popup menu), so the quicker way for me was to implement the
current "solution".

Going back to the current situation:  what do you think would be the "better"
ideas of the two?
I think a) would not improve the situation, modes in an application are an
ungly beast per-se :/
While about b), should the annotation specific functions (like the popp menu)
be activated (and thus "override" the modes actions of mouse buttons) only
when the annotator is shown?

--
Pino Toscano