Social Program

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Fri May 16 16:51:45 CEST 2003

Hi Jirka,

sorry for the long delay. If there are urgent things you need to know, don't
hesitate to bug me... mailbombing is a good way to get me away from daily
work ;-).

Since there were no comments about the registration data, so I'd say we go for
it. I attached the current version.

I only see those open points:
- Do we leave the choice of rooms to the participants?
- social program (also see below)
- wo we still have a training day?

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 16:53, kosicek at greentech.cz wrote:
> Hi Eva,
>
> Quoting Eva Brucherseifer :
> > > What about the social program, do you want some trip to Krumlov or the
> > > Budweiser Brewery? Let me know in time.
> >
> > This sounds like a good idea for the week after the conference. The
> > conference
> > itself is rather short, so maybe we should not interrupt it. How long
> > does a
> >
> > visit to Budweiser or Krumlov take? (And what is Krumlov?)
>
> Both is a little more than half an hour away by car. A visit to the brewery
> could be a half-a-day thing. Krumlov would need a little more time,
> probably a whole day, as there is a lot to see, as Kalle already described.

Then I'd say we offer both and ask people in the registration. Both should
take part in the hacking week. If you know how much it costs, it would be
good to add a price.

> > Besides this I'd like to suggest a social event for saturday evening
> > (during
> >
> > the conference). Maybe some more special dinner, or barbecue if the
> > wether is
> >
> > fine... do you think you can arrange something like that?
>
> No problem, I would suggest a barbecue on the castle terace, with some
> local speciality foods. We have a contract with a catering company
> arranging things like that for us.

This sounds great! How much would that cost us for let's say 150 people? What
further possiblilities do we have to socialize esp. during the conference?

> I have one additional question. As I understood, you mentioned 150 people
> for the three congress days. How many people you think will stay the whole
> week after the congress (coding-week)? (not exactly, only roughly..)

Puh, that is difficult. I think it will be about 50, but I don't really have
an idea.

Greetings,
eva