Want to Help

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Fri May 16 16:30:00 CEST 2003

Hi Mark,

On Wednesday 14 May 2003 20:54, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> Hi Eva and company,
>
> I would like to help with the KDE developers conference.

Cool! Welcome to the team!

> Something that interests me is looking for sponsors.  I would be
> willing to try and figure out who is using KDE in the Northeast, and
> contact them re: sponsorship.  Would this be useful?

Yes of course :-))  It would be a pity if any developer from oversea cannot
come because we cannot help with the travel expenses.

Are you already subscribed to the novehrady mailinglist? If not, please do so:

Kurt wrote a very good letter to a sponsor today, but in german. I'll try to
translate it ASAP. Then someone needs to polish the English and we can
publish some facts on events.kde.org/info/kastle
BTW, I already setup some pages which should be filled ASAP.

> I sent an email this morning to Ian and Ben Meyer asking if they are
> interested in organizing a get together here in the northeast at the
> same time.

You won't be able to come?

> It would be cool to use VNC and VOIP to be able to listen to the
> presentations.  Also, as a beginning KDE hacker, it would be very
> instructive to watch how an experienced KDE hacker programs.

hehe ;-) My collegue just finished his PhD about VOIP, I'll ask him... do you
know any other experts?

> Finally, I would be willing to collect email addresses by some
> deadline to help distribute press releases during or after the
> conference.   From my experience at Peregrine Systems, big companies
> often use a conference as an opportunity to release new stuff to the
> press.

Yes, if we have some good writers in NoveHrady, they can visit the different
workshops and write stories...

> These are my ideas.  Of course, if there are things you need help with
> that are more critical, let me know.

ATM, the most critical is to setup a central point of information, so that we
can point everybody to it. The next is, to search for sponsors (here we need
the online information).

Greetings,
eva