Want to Help

Mark Bucciarelli mark at hubcapconsulting.com
Wed May 14 15:54:33 CEST 2003

Hi Eva and company,

I would like to help with the KDE developers conference.

Something that interests me is looking for sponsors.  I would be
willing to try and figure out who is using KDE in the Northeast, and
contact them re: sponsorship.  Would this be useful?

I sent an email this morning to Ian and Ben Meyer asking if they are
interested in organizing a get together here in the northeast at the
same time.

It would be cool to use VNC and VOIP to be able to listen to the
presentations.  Also, as a beginning KDE hacker, it would be very
instructive to watch how an experienced KDE hacker programs.

Finally, I would be willing to collect email addresses by some
deadline to help distribute press releases during or after the
conference.   From my experience at Peregrine Systems, big companies
often use a conference as an opportunity to release new stuff to the
press.

These are my ideas.  Of course, if there are things you need help with
that are more critical, let me know.

--
Mark Bucciarelli, www.hubcapconsulting.com
    He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself