Potential Nove Hrady Atendees need Info! ;-)

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Fri May 16 10:33:24 CEST 2003

On Friday 16 May 2003 02:32, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On a similar topic -- a lot of people that are interested in attending
> still don't know much about it.
>
> I started a thread on the conference list:
>
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/novehrady/2003-April/000035.html
>
> ...which got some answers, but I'm still unclear on a bit and guessed
> others might be too.
>
> So, from that thread it seems that all KDE contributers will be welcome.
> But this begs a couple of questions -- how will we deal with potential
> overflow? If we have 400 people that buy plane / train tickets and turn
> away 250 of them, some folks will be rather peeved.  I don't predict this
> being the case, but I know some people have or will shortly buy (airplane)
> tickets, so this is a bit of an issue.

As far as I understood, we can host 150 people, using sleeping bags up to 200.

> What's the lodging situation for non-e.V. members?

There is no difference between eV and non-eV-members. Attendees have to cover
the lodging costs by themselves.
In case we have too many attendees, of course no eV-member will be turned
away, since we need everyone for the membership meeting.

> How separate will the conference and hacking session be?  Can it be assumed
> that anyone who will be attending the conference is welcome in the days
> thereafter?

Everyone is welcome to stay during the hacking session. We only don't have
many computers (20-40?). I heard some rumour about a hardware sponsor, but
nothing sure yet. And of course everyone who has a laptop should bring it.

I hope these answers help.

Greetings,
eva