Prices in Czech Republic and Austria

Matthias Kalle Dalheimer kalle at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Mon Jun 16 14:38:17 CEST 2003

On Monday 16 June 2003 13.31, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   As I try to find a good solution how to travel and spend the nights while
> going to Nove Hrady, I would like to get some more information:
>
> 1. What are the fuel (gasoline) prices in Austria and the Czech Republic?
> 2. On the registration page says that accomodation is 13.5 euro/day in the
> castle and prices includes full pension. Is it possible to pay only for
> accomodation?
> 3. Are there camps nearby so the accomodation can be solved with a tent?
> Anyway, if someone knows the prices in camps (both in Czech Republic and
> Austria) please let me know. I can't travel abroad often, and if I go for
> some reason (the conference) to Czechia I would also like to visit parts of
> the country (and parts of Austria), if it's not too expensive. Of course,
> if I go with the train (which is quite bad, not so cheap either and takes
> almost a whole day to arrive in Praga) I can't do it, but even in this case
> I'm interested in the accomodation in tent in/near Nove Hrady.

You can expect the cost of living in Czechia outside of a 50 km radius around
Prague to be considerably lower than in Germany and Austria (about 1/4, I
would say), which should also mean that it's lower than in Hungary. Prague,
on the other hand, has become one of the most expensive places in Europe.

Bed & breakfasts in Czechia are relatively cheap, and might be easier to reach
if you travel by train, as they tend to be in town, unlike campgrounds.

Austria on the other hand is slightly more expensive than Germany.

Kalle

--
Matthias Kalle Dalheimer
President & CEO