Car from Northern Germany to Nove Hrady

Frerich Raabe raabe at kde.org
Tue Jul 29 03:41:17 CEST 2003

Moin,

I'm currently evaluating how to get from Northern Germany (to be precise,
north-western Germany, I'm from Oldenburg) to Nove Hrady. Since I'm a rather
poor student-type person, costs are an important factor.

I was originally intending to take the bus from Frankfurt to N7h but since the
train connection from here to Frankfurt is very very poor (the train coverage
is suboptimal in this region and the trip from here to Frankfurt [where I'd
have to arrive at 8am] would take at least six hours, including a lot of
waiting).

I also saw that the trains from here to Cologne are more interesting, and I
can get GermanWings flights from there to Prague for only 39EUR (IIRC the
shuttle from Prague airport to N7h is free, correct?).

Anyway, before I decide on any of the options, I was wondering whether anybody
found other interesting (cheap!) alternatives to get to N7h. Maybe somebody
from Lower Saxony happens to go there by car, and I'd hop in (of course we'd
share the costs for gas then)? :-)

- Frerich