A guest

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sun Jul 20 13:20:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 02:27:54PM -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> note that i'm not saying "don't say anything about GNOME or other platforms at
> Kastle". some of the other talks will be doing just that. the talks on
> accessability and KStreamer are two examples, but the emphasis is still
> firmly on KDE in those discussions.
>
> IMHO, if deemed necessary, Havoc should be made aware that the focus of his
> talk should be KDE since that is the topic of the conference and the abstract
> updated to reflect that.

The talk I've given a couple times (FOSDEM, GUADEC) is only on
freedesktop.org, you can find that here:
http://ometer.com/freedesktop_pres/start.html

Matthias Ettrich asked me to discuss GNOME this time though,
he may have been thinking of something similar to:
 http://www.linux.org.uk/~telsa/Trips/Talks/guadecii-kde.html
which was his keynote at GUADEC 2 years ago.

I couldn't figure out how to do a "GNOME roadmap" talk while also
discussing freedesktop.org, so I tried to combine them into one talk.

The way I came up with to do that was to talk about the free software
desktop in general, but focusing a bit on what we've learned in the
GNOME effort that may be of general interest.  Something like "you
know where KDE stands, here is where GNOME stands, the way to bring
together some of the base infrastructure is thus [whatever], the
reasons it's important for KDE to do so are [whatever]" - something
like that. I'm not totally sure yet. ;-)

In any case, I am happy to talk about whatever you guys are interested
in. I'll also be around for lots of informal conversation of course.

Havoc