Kastle Signing Party: Keyring is up

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Aug 12 21:55:13 CEST 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 08:16:09PM +0200, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 August 2003 18:43, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> >On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 04:54:33PM +0200, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> >> 2.) kastle-keyring.txt: This file contains the actual paper to
> >> print and bring with you. Make sure you follow the steps described
> >> there and compute your md5 checksum!
> >
> >fwiw, i attached a formatted version for a nicer looking printout. if
> >you convert it back to text and the "diff -wB" to danimo's file shows
> >no diffs, you should be certain the file is ok; you should enter the
> >md5 of danimo's original file into the printout as requested.
>
> Nice service ossi, thanks.
>
> However those kind of actions break the proof of correctness.

just to get it straight:
- if you use my version, you _have_ to do the verification by reverse
  conversion, otherwise the chain is broken. i already knew this, but
  maybe somebody does not realize the importance of it.
- danimo could do the verification on his side and write down the second
  md5, but then everybody would have to check both documents and write
  down their md5s. this is impossible atm, as some people already left
  off to n7y with only one version. it would be too much of a burden for
  every individual anyway, so forget this variant.

and next time danimo will simply issue the list as a properly formatted
document in the first place. ;-)
"properly formatted" means for me, that keys are not distributed over
multiple pages, and it stays that way even if you adjust the font and/or
page settings in your printout (yes, it's cool what you can do with
modern word processors :-).

greetings