Kastle Signing Party: Keyring is up

Daniel Molkentin molkentin at kde.org
Tue Aug 12 21:16:09 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 18:43, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 04:54:33PM +0200, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
>> 2.) kastle-keyring.txt: This file contains the actual paper to print
>> and bring with you. Make sure you follow the steps described there and
>> compute your md5 checksum!
>
>fwiw, i attached a formatted version for a nicer looking printout. if
>you convert it back to text and the "diff -wB" to danimo's file shows no
>diffs, you should be certain the file is ok; you should enter the md5 of
>danimo's original file into the printout as requested.

Nice service ossi, thanks.

However those kind of actions break the proof of correctness. While I am sure
ossi is no intruder (otherwise KDE would be in quite some trouble  ;) Ossis
modification breaks the chain of authentication. It's up to you to belive it,
but I can't support authentication support for such modified documents.

Please take those concerns and the rules of the procedure serious, otherwise
we could just as well sign each other over the phone or by plain email...

Cheers,
  Daniel