invitations and perception

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Mon Apr 28 17:08:46 CEST 2003

I was just talking to Ralf on IRC.  It seems that there's some confusion as to
who will actually be allowed to attend the meeting.

By way of posting something on the dot, I think most readers interpreted it as
an open invitation:
===
"Too bad there aren't more KDE conferences here in the US. [...] I'm stuck
here in MN and I wish something would happen closer to home." (from someone
that doesn't appear to be a contributer)

"i wish i could be there! though i am not much experienced in KDE
programming."

"Those conferences have ever been too far away to just get there and listen to
it (as i am not an active developer... but i'd love to be...). Now this is
_really_ close to austria, and as i live in Freistadt it's even better :-)
Lookin' forward to that event!"
===

My impression and it seems Ralf's too is that only "non-contributors only from
very interested parties paying for participation IIRC" (quote of Ralf on IRC)
will be invited.

In the end I don't really care, but it might be a good idea that if there is a
conflict between the perception and reality that this is cleared up
publically.

Cheers,

-Scott

--
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it
is not utterly absurd.