[Nepomuk] How to config virtuoso-t?

Michael Jerger dev at jerger.org
Sun Jan 5 04:57:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

maybe it's good to giv u a short intro of myself?
My name is Michael and I attend the semantic enterprise service for an
international company as architect. Also I'm kde user for more than 10 years -
so thanks for your good work :-).

Since I started to use kmail again, one old virtuoso-t problem raised again -
virtuoso-t grabs all my free memory - in my case 16G - so there is no ram left
for my beloved development ide vms (the versions I use: ubuntu10.13 /
nepomuk4.11.3).

I've seen, that my virtuoso-t get's its config out of /tmp/virtuoso_dT2859.ini
at the moment  (NumberOfBuffers=2000 indicates its configured for 2Gb) - so my
question is: Can u tell me, where this config comes from? Is there the
posibility to limit the memory usage manually (the nepomuk frontend for
limiting virtuosos memory has gone)?

There is on more question - I've seen your privicy thougths at
http://userbase.kde.org/Nepomuk#Sharing_and_privacy. So at my semantic
enterprise service I've similar problems - so do you have made any brain work
for this topic allready? May I be interested in your ideas and experiance?

Best regards,
Michael