[Nepomuk] Jenkins build is still unstable: nepomuk-core_stable #158

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Fri Mar 15 08:47:30 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 4:21 AM, Simeon Bird <bladud at gmail.com> wrote:

> I mean, if we just remove the conditionals and do
>
> #define DMS_DBUS_SERVICE
> (qgetenv("NEPOMUK_FAKE_DMS_DBUS_SERVICE").isEmpty() ?
> "org.kde.nepomuk.DataManagement" :
> qgetenv("NEPOMUK_FAKE_DMS_DBUS_SERVICE").constData())
>
> in release mode, this will be slow for all the people *not* running
> the test, who will have to look up a variable all the time for no
> reason.

I just looked at the code. I see what you mean.

Do you think it would be better to just discard the entire test and move it
into the test framework? It's basically checking if the dbus interface
works. With the nepomuk test library, we actually run our own dbus-server,
so we won't need any of these fake dbus service hacks.

--
Vishesh Handa