[Nepomuk] How to debug virtuoso crashes?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 21:44:03 UTC 2013

On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 07:17:41 AM Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jul 2013 05:35:58 PM Vishesh Handa wrote:
> > > // This number has been experimentally chosen. Virtuoso cannot handle
> > > more
> > > than this
> > >
> > > static const int maxSize = 2490000;
> >
> > Could you try changing this number and seeing when virtuoso stops
> > crashing?
>
> I'm not seeing the debug for this in the .xsession-errors
>
> /kWarning() << "Trimming plain text content from " << plainText.size() << "
> to " << maxSize;/

I erased the nepomuk db and let it run over night, saw the "Trimming" warnings this time
round.

Its still crashing constantly though. I see 10 instances of this in .xsession-errors:

nepomukstorage(1743)/nepomuk (storage service)
Nepomuk2::Repository::slotVirtuosoStopped: Virtuoso was killed or crashed. Restarting
the repository.

Eventually kmail throws a "Nepomuk semantic search service not available" error. Oddly, if I
restart nepomuk and kmail it still throws that error, I have to reboot the PC to get search
back. And that only lasts a short while (half an hour?) before the problem happens again.

I can't discern any pattern to the crashes in the log - I can make the full log available if you
want.

Thanks.

--
Lindsay