[Nepomuk] How to debug virtuoso crashes?

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Tue Jul 9 12:05:58 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM, Lindsay Mathieson
<lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jul 2013 05:06:12 PM Vishesh Handa wrote:
>
>> Are you using the current kdepim-runtime master? Because I fixed that
>
>> issue you were having with the huge emails.
>

> Yes I am.
>
> Still getting it, for a different (but similar) email message I'm afraid,
>
> 3.4MB in size.
>
> // This number has been experimentally chosen. Virtuoso cannot handle more
> than this
>
> static const int maxSize = 2490000;

Could you try changing this number and seeing when virtuoso stops crashing?

> Can't the text be streamed or feed in via chunks? picking a magic number
> seems somewhat risky as the danger size may be dependant on environmental
> factors.
>
> Plus large emails won't be fully indexed. A search is not much use if its
> not 100%

Unfortunately, no. This is something I've brought up a number of times
with the virtuoso developers. They have no plans that I know of to
implement streaming. This is another one of those reasons why I think
moving away from virtuoso is a bad idea. [1]

--
Vishesh Handa

[1] http://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Meetings/Osnabrueck_11#Virtuoso