[Nepomuk] Suggestion about version string used in various nepomuk* binaries

Jekyll Wu adaptee at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 16:06:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

Various nepomuk* binaries(nepomukstorage, nepomukindexer, etc)
effectively use the "0.1.0" version string, and that version has
stayed there for a very long time. That puts nepomuk in a similar
position in bugs.kde.org as where plasma was a few months ago[1] .

I know nepomuk is becoming more and more stable in recent releases,
but it still receives quite a lot of crash reports, many of which are
from old versions and have already been fixed. Please choose a better
version scheme(at lease it should change between major releases) , and
make better use of bugzilla's feature of rejecting reports from
disabled versions to make your lives better.

Using KDE_VERSION_STRING would be the laziest solution, or make
NEPOMUK_VERSION_STRING independent upon CMAKE_NEPOMUK_CORE_VERSION_*
and update it more frequently.

Also see my similar requests against dolphin[2] and systemsettings[3].

[1] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/109906/
[2] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kfm-devel&m=137120231924936&w=2
[3] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/111402/

Regards