[Nepomuk] Nepomuk2 Migration Questions

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Tue Jan 1 22:23:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

I took on the task of migrating Nepomuk Shell to Nepomuk2. I applied
the script found in the wiki[0] and I'm left with these questions:

1. What's a Thing now? By matching methods, I guess it is a Resource, right?
2. When creating a new class, there's a line that reads
Nepomuk2::Types::Class base( Nepomuk2::Vocabulary::PIMO::Thing() );
Should that be replaced too?
3. What replacements are there for the old Utils namespace? For
instance, Nepomuk Shell uses SimpleResourceModel, is there any
replacement for that?

Thanks.

David E. Narváez

[0] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Nepomuk/Nepomuk2Port