[Nepomuk] Review Request 109078: Add a base class for the file watcher back-ends

Simeon Bird bladud at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 16:52:15 UTC 2013

Right, we'd have to do some sort of runtime kernel detection - would be a
bit of a pain, but in practice not too much of a problem (we do it already
to check whether inotify is supported, I think).

Just to be clear, I'm not saying don't do the kDirNotify stuff, which I
think would be useful for the short-medium term, and probably the long-term
if for whatever reason the kernel doesn't make these changes. Just that
it's worth pursuing multiple options. Hey, if they want to fix fanotify,
I'll take that too.