[Nepomuk] Compute track length if not found

Phalgun Guduthur phalgun.guduthur at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 16:11:02 UTC 2013

Hey!

A bunch of people raised concerns about the track length (nfo:duration)
being zero in the Nepomuk plugin in Amarok.

I tried around a few examples and the current audio metadata indexer
doesn't do much about the track length. But it readily fetches data about
bit rate and file size.

With a little digging
[1]<http://forums.ilounge.com/music-audio/68487-calculating-file-size-bitrate.html>
 [2]<http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/general-10/bitrate-*-duration-%3D-uncompressed-file-size-890212/>,
I found that (file size/duration) = average bitrate.

If the indexer cannot populate nfo:duration directly using Taglib, can we
compute the track length through the above equation?
I wanted to implement this in the Amarok plugin, but I figured it would be
better to fix this at the source.

Thoughts?

Cheers!
Phalgun