[Nepomuk] Idea for GSOC, seeking some input

Matthew McKeen mmckeen at ucla.edu
Tue Apr 9 07:28:42 UTC 2013

Hey All:

I just had an idea for a GSOC project today that might interest you.
 Wouldn't it be cool to have a visualization plasmoid for the data
relationships that exist in Nepomuk.  I was thinking a 3D graph
visualization, maybe even making nodes clickable such that data can be
navigated in a incredible new way.  Nepomuk offers power that no desktop
really has, and I think a cool new way to use that power could be a great
addition to KDE.  Eventually we could make these kinds of views a part of
dolphin and offer a new way to navigate files.

If this doesn't fit the fancy of you guys, I am also happy to take on a
proper rewrite of the Nepomuk query parser.  I could probably even fit this
work into my summer of coding, as it shouldn't take too long to rewrite
that parser.

Seeing that some other students have been taking over my other ideas, I
thought that this idea might be a little more fresh and a good thing to
base my proposal on, which I plan to draft soon.

What does the community think?

Thanks,
Matthew McKeen
University of California, Los Angeles