[Nepomuk] [RFC] New File Indexer

Jörg Ehrichs Joerg.Ehrichs at gmx.de
Tue Sep 11 12:13:34 UTC 2012

As I'm the one who started the changed fileextarctor, I'm in favor of
the change.

Conquirere relies on a working document indexer to show and manage the
users document library.

This will help a lot to make indexing better and easier to contribute.
Strigi seems to be a very powerful solution. But writing the
streamanalyzers or fixing in them isn't very intuitive.

With your change the actual "extraction" can be done by widely used
and maintained libraries and the fileindex just need to get the data
into Nepomuk.

So +1 from me.

Jörg