[Nepomuk] Can't build Kactivities due to Nepomuk no longer having setSymbols, among others

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Mon Nov 5 14:34:06 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Ian <ebol4anthr4x at gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m building Kactivities 4.9.2  using Nepomuk-core 4.9.2, and the build is
> failing because Nepomuk has apparently removed some functions that were
> once in the Resource header, including ‘setSymbols’, ‘resourceUri’, and
> ‘symbols’. I’m not sure when these were removed, but it seems like they
> were important, and I’m not sure how no one noticed their importantance.
> Maybe I’m just being stupid and have built Nepomuk wrong, but I have all
> the headers that Nepomuk installs, and they are all full and correct (no
> empty files).****
>
> ** **
>
> I’m not sure what I should do here. Has another function replaced
> setSymbols? Should I disable the Nepomuk parts of the Kactivities build?

the setSymbols functions was never part of Nepomuk2 in 4.9. I only added it
in 4.10. Fundamentally, it's a little flawed, but we couldn't find a better
alternative.

I wasn't aware that KActivities 4.9.2 depended on nepomuk-core.

There are 3 possible ways to fix it -
1. KActivities should not depend on Nepomuk-Core
2. KActivities copies the implementation of setSymbols from
nepomuk-core(master)/libnepomukcore/resource.cpp
3. Someone backports setSymbols to nepomuk-core 4.9.3 (Won't really help
4.9.2 though)

****

> ** **
>
> Thanks****