[Nepomuk] Questions about Nepomuk Core

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Wed May 16 23:23:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have tried to follow the thread about the Nepomuk situation but
can't figure out answers to these questions now that I'm working on
Activities and Nepomuk to fix the Icons/Ontologies tragedy:

1) When will Nepomuk Core replace kde-runtime's Nepomuk services and
stuff? KDE 4.9?
2) Nepomuk Core seems to depend on Soprano's latest Git version which
includes the commit 3206bae6 that adds DefiningProperty, and this
doesn't seem to be lined up to Soprano 2.7, judging by the 2.7 branch.
Will Nepomuk Core depend on next Soprano release?
3) It looks like Nepomuk Core is not API compatible with kde-runtime's
Nepomuk, e.g. it is missing setSymbols and maybe other methods. This
affects Activities Library, so my question is if Activities Library's
master should be patched to work with Nepomuk Core for KDE 4.9 or the
other way around.

Thanks.

David E. Narváez