[Nepomuk] Live Queries

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Fri May 11 07:23:36 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org> wrote:

> I thought about that before. I actually figured we could try some very
> simple heuristics in the query service to analyze the query and
> configure the resourcewatcher accordingly (that reminds me: I already
> converted the query service to the rw - not sure if I ported that to
> kde-runtime though).

Screw it. If everything goes according to plan, we're removing
kde-runtime/nepomuk in another week or so.

> the simplest heuristic would be to check for ResourceTypeTerm in the
> main AndTerm (or as the only term) and then configure the RW accordingly.
> That might already take care of those main queries.

This seems like a good idea.

Don't you think that sometimes one just might not need live queries?
Specially for the timeline stuff like "Yesterday". There is very little
chance of it changing.

--
Vishesh Handa