[Nepomuk] Indexing encrypted filesystems

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Mar 21 10:50:50 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm planning to start the work on indexing the encrypted filesystems.

There are some special needs in this case:
- the filesystem is similar to removable media in the sense that the
fs can be mounted/unmounted.
- the difference to removable media is that it is always mounted at
the same location (doesn't need to be, but it is the same for any fs)
- it needs to store less meta-data than the normal indexing process
(contents for example)
- maybe later: store the meta-data in some encrypted form.

First, any thoughts on this?

Second, can you give me some pointers as to where is the
removable-media detection code located so that I don't need to dig for
it?

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard