[Nepomuk] Music issues I want to fix

Sebastian Trüg sebastian at trueg.de
Wed Jun 13 08:52:04 UTC 2012

On 06/10/2012 08:32 PM, Ignacio Serantes wrote:
> I brief update status.
>
> 1) I just fix multiple performers bug in flac analyzer.
>
> 2) nmm:albumArtist seems to be related to DB structure and is not a
> coding bug. I just added nmm:albumArtist to SDO and now there is a
> nmm:albumArtist in nmm:MusicAlbum. This is the code I added:
>      nmm:albumArtist
>      a rdf:Property, nrl:DefiningProperty ;
>      rdfs:subPropertyOf nco:contributor ;
>      rdfs:label "album artist" ;
>      rdfs:comment "Album artist" ;
>      rdfs:domain nmm:MusicAlbum ;
>      rdfs:range nco:Contact .

This looks good. I am only concerned about having performer and producer
on the tracks and artist on the album. Shouldn't that be in sync
somehow? After all an album is also produced, right? A compilation has a
producer and each track has a possibly different producer...

> I will upload a patch to Review Board for the first one but, what must I
> do with the second one?

The normal approach is to create a ticket at
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/