[Nepomuk] Nepomuk User Documentation

Martin Supan mostheinl at gmx.at
Fri Jul 27 22:10:12 UTC 2012

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 21:47:23 +0200, David Narvaez
<david.narvaez at computer.org> wrote:

> Userbase is very simple, you can create an account at the site[0] and
> start adding content. Now, Userbase is just enough, but what I'd
> really like to have is that documentation at (or linked from)
> Nepomuk's site[1] for users to know what the project is for. All the
> documentation there is developer-oriented and useless to regular users
> which are, by the way, the reason this whole thing exists.
>
> Can anybody with admin access to the website reply to this thread and
> let us know if that is at all possible?

Hi David, Hi Martin,

first of all, thank you very very much for the positive reactions of my
user documentation, this is really flattering :)
It emerged from the same problem that David had, that I couldn't find a
complete documentation what you can do with Nepomuk. Almost every forum
thread concerning Nepomuk is about how to turn it off.

I registered at the userbase now, as soon as I figured out how it works I
will start to transfer the documentation.
Unfortunately I couldn't find any contact information etc. on
nepomuk.kde.org (only a link to the cytotec stomach ulcer preventer, is it
there on purpose??).

What I wanted to ask:
Is there a list of all features of Nepomuk somewhere? And of applications
that support it?
It is easy to figure out by oneself how tagging and rating works, but
features like virtual folders, support in digikam, support in kmail etc.
are harder to find if someone doesn't even know they exist.

greetings,
Martin