[Nepomuk] File indexer-related questions

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sat Jan 7 12:58:33 UTC 2012

> Just move the file. That's it. And of course make sure the target folder

Had no clue that nepomuk recognizes a move :)

> sounds like more complex configuration for the indexer which is not much
> fun. It means not only to skip the content on indexing (which would be
> easy to introduce) but also to remove it when moving a file into a
> folder which is configured as such and adding it when doing the opposite.
> All possible but someone has to do it. :P

I don't mind doing it, just to get a green light for it :)

> Actually maybe it would be simpler to just do that in PA manually:
> remove the content, then move the file. And when moving it back call
> nepomukindexer on it (or queue it in the indexer via dbus to be
> re-indexed forcefully).

This would work for PA where the user doesn't have a file manager. But
it would fail for the desktop (which will also get the encryption
feature) when the user manually moves a file to the encrypted folder.
So, I'll have to go for the more complex (and therefore more fun)
solution.

And I promise more sane commit messages :)

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard